Freelancer.com is pleased to announce that we have just acquired vWorker, the fourth largest freelance marketplace in the world and second largest by number of users! We are delighted to welcome vWorker users to Freelancer.com, and believe that they will make an invaluable contribution to our rapidly growing marketplace.
vWorker members will quickly see the benefits of posting projects and freelancing in our marketplace, with our Milestone Payment system and huge breadth of talent resulting in a safer, more streamlined experience.
For employers, the talent pool deepens, as we exceed 6.6 million freelancers across a broad range of almost 600 skill categories. For freelancers, Freelancer.com offers a huge and diverse volume of projects to bid on- forces combined a whopping 4 million projects have been posted since inception.
What does this mean for existing vWorker members?
All vWorker members will be automatically transitioned into the Freelancer.com marketplace. This process will be done immediately to minimize disruption to members and active projects. We will transfer over your account balances, user profiles, reputation history, messages, employer escrow payments, active projects and past projects, so rest assured that it will be business as usual once you arrive on our platform.
For those vWorker members who also have accounts on Freelancer.com, we will merge your vWorker account into your existing Freelancer.com account. This will allow members to continue completing projects with minimal interruption.
All existing vWorker members will receive an email containing additional information about the transition process and any action they may need to take to complete their migration to the Freelancer.com platform. If you have any questions during this process, please don’t hesitate to contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To celebrate the acquisition and get our new vWorker members started on Freelancer.com, we are giving away free memberships, featured projects and credits!
For vWorker employers:
- 12 months of FREE Premium Membership + 12 months of FREE Featured Projects + 100,000 Freelancer Credits for any employer who has spent over $50,000 on vWorker.
- 9 months of FREE Premium Membership + 9 months of FREE Featured Projects + 20,000 Freelancer Credits for any employer who has spent over $5,000 on vWorker.
- 6 months of FREE Premium Membership + 6 months of FREE Featured Projects + 15,000 Freelancer Credits for any employer who has spent over $3,000 on vWorker.
- 3 months of FREE Premium Membership + 3 months of FREE Featured Projects + 10,000 Freelancer Credits for any employer who has spent over $100 on vWorker.
For vWorker workers:
- 3 months of FREE Standard Membership + 10,000 Freelancer Credits for any worker who has earned over $5,000 on vWorker.
- 2 months of FREE Standard Membership + 7,000 Freelancer Credits for any worker who has earned over $3,000 on vWorker.
- 1 month of FREE Standard Membership + 5,000 Freelancer Credits for any worker who has earned over $1,000 on vWorker.
- 1 month of FREE Basic Membership + 2,000 Freelancer Credits for any worker who has earned $1,000 or less on vWorker.
What does this mean for existing Freelancer.com members?
Our acquisition of vWorker represents a substantial increase in both the breadth and depth of our talent pool. Current employers will see greater variety and competition among freelancers in the marketplace, while current freelancers will see a marked increase in the amount of work available on the site. This expansion of our marketplace is a great development for both freelancers and employers – why not try it out by posting a project free now?
For more information about the migration, read the vWorker Migration FAQ.
For more information about the acquisition, please read the official press release.